CBD Patches: CBD is the most popular thing in the health and wellness community today. It is a total game-changer because it is safe to use, offers numerous therapeutic benefits, and comes in many forms ranging from edibles, oil, vapes, tinctures, and more. But CBD patches are its most underrated yet most effective form.
What Are CBD Patches?
CBD patches are exactly what they sound like: adhesives that are infused with CBD or bandages containing a pocket of CBD in them. You can easily apply patches on the venous parts of your body, e.g. arm, inner wrist, top of your foot, the inside of your wrist, etc.
How Does a CBD Patch Work?
A CBD patch works just like a nicotine or birth control patch. It releases accurate and controlled dose into the bloodstream over time. Small and flesh-colored, CBD patch can adhere anywhere with veins. This makes it very discreet to use. These patches are best placed in an area of skin where the concentration of veins is high so that CBD can be easily absorbed into the bloodstream.
What Are the Different Types of CBD Patches?
There are two primary types of patches. Sometimes, these types feature full spectrum CBD:
• Reservoir: Reservoir is a bandage that stores CBD in a gel-like pod and releases accurate, controlled doses over time.
• Matrix: Matrix is a bandage that contains CBD within the adhesive itself. When this adhesive is applied to the skin, the CBD starts to slowly distribute throughout the body.Apart from these, there are three other types. These include single-layer drug-in adhesive, multi-layer drug-in adhesive, and vapor patches.
The Benefits of CBD Patches
There are a number of key benefits of patches. These include:
• They Are More Discreet: As compared to other forms of CBD. Patches don’t have any awkward delivery method, which makes them easy to use in public.
• They Deliver a More Accurate Dose: As compared to other methods of CBD consumption, e.g. vapes and oils. Patches release CBD slowly over an extended period of time. Because of this, they can be formulated for specific results.
• They Bypass Stomach and Liver: Unlike other CBD consumption methods. A CBD patch is directly absorbed into your bloodstream, bypassing stomach and liver.
Are There Any Side Effects from CBD Patches?
Like other CBD products available on the market, the side effects associated with patches are usually harmless and very rare. The most common side effects include fatigue, diarrhea, and dry mouth. CBD is also known to interfere with other prescribed medication. So if you are taking any form of medication. Then it is recommended that you consult with your doctor before using full spectrum.
The Bottom Line
As CBD becomes more and more popular. Companies are finding more innovative ways to improve its delivery. To help individuals from all walks of life enjoy its amazing benefits. Patches, while not as widely used as some other forms. Are certainly in lead when it comes to effectiveness and simplicity.